Over the last forty years Moots has been handcrafting high end bicycle frames and has earned a reputation for its refined quality and thoughtful attention to detail. One special part of Moots is our staff. All of whom are passionate cyclists that share a deep appreciation for meticulous craftsmanship. The passion from our staff can be seen in the final product, which has resulted with a loyal customer following all over the world. It makes all of us proud to know that the road, MTB, and gravel bikes we have built over the years are now being ridden by other passionate cyclists.
Position Summary: The Moots Territory Sales Manager is a member of the in-house Sales Team and serves as the face, voice and overall service provider to the Moots dealer and cycling community. In general, this person is responsible for building long term relationships with our dealer partners and consumers. At the core of this is ownership of the end-to-end selling, order, and delivery process for all Moots products to his/her dealer partners and consumers. This position is in Steamboat Springs, CO and reports to the Sales Director.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities Include:
- Owning the end-to-end sales process for all Moots products to the dealers in his/her territory; this includes overall education and clarification on all models, taking and inputting orders, monitoring the order through the production cycle, keeping the dealer informed of any changes to original planned ship dates, shipping the final order and following up to make sure the customer was happy.
- Working with Sales Director and General Manager to develop annual sales plans that establish clear sales goals by region, state, key focus markets and dealers and ensuring plans are executed accordingly.
- Developing market plans that ensure Moots is represented by the dealers that will best present the Moots brand and our frames/components to their customers.
- Working with dealers and our in-house frame designer(s) to design custom bikes based on the specs generated by the dealer and customer.
- Building long term relationships with each dealer including travel to key markets to meet face-to-face with the dealers, give Moots clinics, lead Moots Owner’s rides, and build overall goodwill between Moots and our dealer partner.
- Work with Marketing Director to develop key focus market plans that aim to increase the connectivity of Moots within the local cycling community, increase the support of our dealers in those markets and achieve overall annual sales goals in each respective key focus market.
- Participate in trade shows and consumer shows and events.
- Provide support to other Territory Sales Managers when they are traveling, on vacation or pinched with time.
- Other Job Duties as assigned by the Sales Director.
Allocation of time:
- 75% – Sales (Dealer & Consumer management and service, proactive relationship building), Order Processing/Administration
- 10% – Travel; Market Development, Dealer Visits, Trade Shows/Consumer Shows and Cycling Community Events
- 15% – Key Focus Market and Dealer Planning, networking, and marketing program implementation
- Passionate cyclist
- Deep appreciation for quality and craftsmanship
- At least 5 years of hands-on sales and service experience, preferably in the cycling industry or related outdoor industry
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with ability to convey technical information clearly.
- Well organized and not afraid of the details.
- Team oriented, energy giver, initiative taker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Quick Books.
- Desire to live in a great Colorado mountain community.
All inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org