Bike Assembly and Shipping Coordinator
Moots Cycles has been handcrafting high end titanium bicycles in Steamboat Springs, CO since 1981. Our reputation for quality, thoughtful attention to detail and a passion for cycling has made us a leader in the bike industry. The Moots sales team supports the long term growth and sustainability of Moots by maintaining best in the industry customer service combined with expert knowledge of our product and process. Our company culture of cycling zeal carries through to the sales team and is an important part of everything we do, leading to a fun, rewarding, and engaging work environment.
Position Summary: This position will assist the sales and finish teams with all shipping and work bench related tasks including final assembly and finish of frames, complete bike assembly of our demo fleet, show bikes, and the professional quality packing/shipping of sold bikes.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- All shipping activities for bikes – pick parts as needed, inspect and box, pack, ship, and handle returns
- Build and tune all demo, show, and Direct to Consumer Bikes
- Maintain and oversee demo bikes, prep for consumer use at factory as needed as well as coordinate with sales trips
- Support the finish team with frame assembly and general workload support as needed
- General support sales and production staff on miscellaneous projects
This is a full time 40 Hrs./Week position based in Steamboat Springs, CO, and the general allocation of time is listed below.
- 40% – Shipping
- 30% – Demo/Show bike builds
- 15% – Demo maintenance
- 15% – Frame finish support
- Strong knowledge and experience assembling and tuning modern performance bicycles that utilize hydraulic disc brakes, electronic drive trains and suspension
- Proven attention to detail along with organization and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented with strong desire to get the job done timely and to high level of quality