Thanks for your interest in working at Moots. We will be adding a member to our Finish Department team in late fall 2018. Our Finish Department is the last step in our build process and covers end quality control and turning our raw frames and components into the final finish that will ship to our customers.
The position we are hiring for will be responsible for:
- Minor handwork of frames
- Application of various finishes and masking (decals, etching, polishing, and anodizing)
- Final assembly of frames
- Basic machine and finish work of components such as stems and seat-posts
- Final assembly of said components
- Inspection and quality control at every step
- General shop tasks of cleaning and inventory control
Duties may expand as you develop comfort with our team and proficiency in your work.
We train our new hires. We don’t expect an expert on day one, we expect a good listener and invested trainee. Bike industry experience, some historical knowledge of bicycle design, and an enthusiasm for cycling in any form are favored. Attention to detail and dedication to quality are a must. Comfort with hand tools and machines, and the ability to use them safely is a must. Some graphic design experience is also appreciated but not required.
Please send your resume and cover letter!